Join us July 29–30 for The InDesign + Type Summit, an online event with a focus on text, typography, and Adobe InDesign.
This two-day deep dive features some of the world’s most knowledgeable experts—including Ellen Lupton, Charles Nix, Nigel French, Erica Gamet, David Blatner, Amy Papaelias, Carie Fisher, and Jason Hoppe. You’ll receive two full days of educational and inspirational sessions, interactive Q&A, speaker handouts, type resources, and more.
- Advanced text styles techniques, such as GREP styles, nested styles, and line styles
- Best practices for hyphenation, justification, and spacing
- OpenType tricks to get the most from your fonts
- Simple but powerful type effects to maximize your impact
- Fixing typographic horrors, such as widows, orphans, and runts
- Essential scripts and add-ons for type and typography
- Understanding typographic voice and color
- Making typography accessible
As a designer, you know how powerful an image of a human face is—a face on a page or screen attracts the eye like nothing else. And seeing even subtle changes in facial expression can dramatically affect our emotions. However, there’s another face that can affect us just as much: the typeface.
It seems incredible, but our human vision is hard-wired to watch for anything that looks like text—on a page, on a screen, or in any picture. What’s more, the style, color, format, and layout of that text affects us. Studies prove that a choice of typeface can sway our decision making, the spacing of text in a column determines how much we’ll read… that is, the design matters.
Discounts are available for nonprofit, government, education, CreativePro Premium members, and alumni of CreativePro events.
Contact us for details.