ARCHIVE: This session was presented at CreativePro Week 2020.
Just Say No: Alternatives to Boring Slides
Friday, 10:15 am – 11:00 am Central
Bullet points. Walls of text with tiny pictures. Predictable slide arrangements. Same size, same color, same layouts, over and over and over. You’ve lost their attention by slide three. How can you break the monotony of boring and bland presentations? How can you create visual excitement and design interesting slides that captivate audiences? This session will show you a variety of ways to lose the snooze with slides that are designed that capture visual attention.
Topics will include:
- Using a grid to create a variety of compositions
- Scaling an image, graphic, or metric for emphasis
- Adding interest with a different text style or typeface
- Taking advantage of contrast and color
- Other ways to add visual variety to your slide designs