ARCHIVE: This session was presented at CreativePro Week 2020.
Styles: Next Level Tips
Wednesday, 10:15 am – 11:30 am Central
Everyone knows that using styles in InDesign is key for efficient formatting of text and objects in a document. Not only do they save time and allow us to format content quickly and efficiently, but they also facilitate easily making changes in a document as well. Let’s not forget that they’re also a requirement if you want to take advantage of some powerful features in InDesign that help you to automate tasks. With styles however, there’s a lot more beneath the surface that can help you take your text formatting to the next level by automating specific formatting within a paragraph.
In this session, you’ll learn how to:
- Specifically format every instance of a word or phrase in a document
- Leverage Nested Styles to apply text formatting
- Isolate and format text using GREP Styles
- Understand the order of operation when using automated and manually applied styles
- Think creatively with styles