THE CONTEST HAS NOW CONCLUDED
Based on a combination of the popular vote and our panel of three expert judges, the winner of the CreativePro Week 2019 Poster Design Contest is: Michelle Houlden. Congratulations Michelle! You can see her winning design below:
THE GRAND PRIZE:
- 1 Five-Day Platinum Pass to CreativePro Week 2019 in Seattle ($2,495 value!)
- Take a friend! 50% off multi-day registration for a lucky buddy
- 1 Year InDesignSecrets.com premium membership (including InDesign Magazine subscription)
- Plus, we’ll show off your poster at the conference!
Note: This contest is not “spec work.” While we may show your work publicly to promote the contest, your designs will not be used for advertising or profit. The contest’s purpose is to celebrate the fun of doing great design.
1. Design a poster publicizing one or more of the following events:
- CreativePro Week
- The InDesign Conference
- Ps/Ai: The Photoshop + Illustrator Conference for Designers
- PePcon: The Print + ePublishing Conference
- Click: The Presentation Design Conference
2. The poster must include:
The name of the event, dates, city, URL (creativeproweek.com), and one or more of the conference logos (see below for art).
It may optionally include: venue name, names of speakers, and/or topics, and whatever cool and appropriate images or artwork you want to add. (Please ensure you have the rights to include the assets you use.)
3. Submit your design using the submission form below.
Once we review and approve your submission, it will be added to the fan voting poll below. Anyone is eligible to vote once per day through the submission deadline! Be sure to share the contest with your friends to help you win!
Here’s how you win:
The winner will have the highest aggregate score, where 50% of the score is based on a popular vote (get your friends to vote for you!) and 50% is based on a review by a 3-judge panel of experts. The highest score wins!
Submissions accepted now through 11:59PM CT on Friday, March 29th, 2019
Fan voting runs now through 11:59PM CT on Friday, April 5th, 2019.
Winner announced on Tuesday, April 9th, 2019
Contest limited to 1 entry per person. No purchase necessary. CreativePro Week reserves the right to refuse any entry at any time. Prize is not transferrable and valid for 2019 only. Winner may have to declare the value of their winnings on their taxes. Airfare and hotel not included. Winner must fill out W9 to receive access to the prize. *Prizes and timeframes subject to change without notice. Click here to see the full list of rules
- Accepted format submissions: JPEG or PNG preferred, PDF accepted. Note: There will be a delay of up to 48 hours before your submission is ready for voting!
- Size: 11 x 17 inches or A3 Paper, minimum of 200 ppi resolution
- You can create the poster using any program you wish!
(Please save your original work until the contest ends… if you win, we’ll ask you for your original file for best-quality printing!)
Looking for some help, inspiration, or tutorials? Check out Nigel French’s article on designing posters (6.2 MB PDF)!
Our awesome panel of three judges will be reviewing your poster designs! Click their pictures below to learn more about each designer.
Senior Deputy Art Director, AARP
freelance visual/brand associate, the GAP
author, Typography Essentials
board member, Type Directors Club
Professor, City College of New York
The Design Ninja
Chief Enchantment Officer, Wizardry Ltd
The winning poster will be printed and distributed at the conference, courtesy of:
Dream. Create. Inspire.
PrintWest provides services that go well beyond traditional commercial printing. Their plentiful and unique offerings will elevate your ability to capture and maintain the attention of your audience