ARCHIVE: This session was presented at CreativePro Week 2020.
Accessibility and InDesign
Monday, 9:00 am – 11:30 am Central
“Access to information is a fundamental human right”
—George Kerscher, DAISY Consortium
Ensuring that the PDF files you produce are accessible to all is not only a good idea, it’s the right thing to do! In this session, learn about what accessibility and “Section 508” means and how you can ensure that the PDF documents that you create from Adobe InDesign are accessible to everyone!
This tutorial is split into morning and afternoon sessions (you may attend one or both). In the morning, we will journey through setting up an InDesign file for accessibility and giving your document the best chance for “out of the box” accessibility.
- How to build an InDesign document the right way
- Optimizing your documents so that accessibility can be accomplished more easily
- Controlling content order
- Using features that already exist in InDesign
- Colorblind friendly palettes
- Managing tables, images, and forms
In the afternoon session, we’ll work through PDF remediation and what to do when it doesn’t go as planned.