ARCHIVE: This session was presented at CreativePro Week 2019 in Seattle.
Building Books, Journals, and Other Long Documents
Thursday, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Building long documents in InDesign can be a challenging process… dare we say a chore in some instances! That is, if you don’t use the tools in InDesign that are designed for these types of projects. If you’d like the ability to break long documents apart so that multiple users can work on the same project at the same time, and you want the ability to keep the formatting consistent between all of those documents, you’ll want to attend this session. Learn some best practices that will ease the process of building long documents as well as some tips that can save your bacon when trouble arises. In this session you’ll see a real life example of how one might go about building a long document from start to finish.
- How the Book panel in InDesign works
- How to leverage the functionality in the Book panel to make edits quickly and consistently
- Some tricks to help you avoid common problems
- Best practices to make the process more efficient and faster
- Building a Table of Contents for the book
- Tips for importing Word content into InDesign
- Leveraging Text Variables