ARCHIVE: This session was presented at CreativePro Week 2019 in Seattle.
Creating Files That Work for Others
Thursday, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Imagine sharing your beautifully designed and painstakingly crafted InDesign or Illustrator files with your client, knowing that they will edit the files on their own. Sounds like a nightmare, right? For presentation designers, this is the reality for almost every project! You hand over your work knowing full well that it may be changed by someone else—sometimes dramatically!
In this session, you’ll learn how to construct and prepare presentations for sharing and editing beyond your system. We’ll focus on PowerPoint files, with some specific tips for Keynote and Google Slides users.
This session will include:
- The difference between final files and templates
- Choosing fonts for different scenarios
- Setting up theme elements
- Converting graphics from Illustrator
- Creating custom layouts and off-slide instructions
- Trimming bloated file sizes