InDesign Styles and Masters Deep Dive, Part 2
Monday, May 179:15 am - 10:30 am Phoenix, AZ (UTC-7)
In Part 1 of this two-part tutorial, we learned about master pages and creating solid and flexible documents. Now, in Part 2, you’ll learn all about styles and masters.
Everyone knows that using styles in InDesign is key for efficient formatting of text and objects in a document. Not only do they save time and allow us to format content quickly and efficiently, but they also facilitate easily making changes in a document as well. Let’s not forget that they’re also a requirement if you want to take advantage of some powerful features in InDesign that help you to automate tasks. With styles however, there’s a lot more beneath the surface that can help you take your text formatting to the next level by automating specific formatting within a paragraph.
Part 2 includes:
- Setting up your paragraph, character, and object styles
- Leveraging Nested Styles to apply text formatting
- Isolating and formatting text using GREP Styles
- Understand ingthe order of operation when using automated and manually applied styles
- Thinking creatively with styles