Tuesday, June 067:30 pm - 9:00 pm Phoenix, AZ (UTC-7)
Come join us for dessert, plus a heaping helping of tips, tricks, and fun! Or sign up to present 20 slides in 5 minutes. It’s your opportunity to have five minutes of fame, in the relaxed and friendly confines of an after-hours get-together with your colleagues.
When: Tuesday, June 6, 7:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Where: The ballroom at the Sheraton Grand (the conference hotel)
Who’s Invited: All conference attendees, speakers, sponsors, paparazzi, etc.
We’re putting on our annual fun “IGNITE”-style show and need your help! Do you have:
- An unusual design or production-related technique that you use?
- A “from the design trenches” anecdote to share — funny or serious?
- Some hard-won lessons you’ve learned? Or wish your clients would learn…
- Tips for getting the most out of a conference?
- An incredibly complex table you created, or special effect, or the world’s best workspace?
- Advice for designers or computer users or ?
- Some other pro design topic that you’re passionate about?
Yes? Then take this opportunity to share it with your colleagues in 5 minutes or less! Only 12 spots are available, and it’s first-come first-serve, so don’t wait till the last minute. We’ll confirm via email with our final roster of 12 Ignite presenters and 2 alternates by Friday, May 26. If you’re not sure of a topic yet, but definitely want to do this thing, then fill out the form with a placeholder idea now to save your spot! You can fill it out again later (before May 26) once you’ve decided on a topic.
Rules (for audience members)
- Relax, have fun, and enjoy.
- Be supportive of your fellow attendees!
Rules (for presenters)
Sign-up for your slot below, but first read the rules:
- No prior speaking experience required. Don’t worry—the audience is very supportive. You’re among friends.
- Create a series of exactly 20 pages or slides in landscape format, which you will export to PDF and we’ll project it on screen during your talk. The first one’s your opener, the last one is your closer. Email the 20-page PDF to us or bring it with you on a USB Flash drive. Keep your slides simple!
- Content: Your topic must be about something related to the field of design or graphic production — tools, projects, tips, rants. It’s okay to be funny, but keep it clean and appropriate. Please don’t use this as a sales presentation or portfolio review. Violators will get “the hook”! If in doubt, ask Anne-Marie (firstname.lastname@example.org), your friendly MC, beforehand.
- Be prepared to talk about your topic for 5 minutes while we project your slides on the screen.
- The slides will auto-advance every 15 seconds! That’s the Ignite rule. And what makes it fun for the audience, too! 20 slides x 15 seconds = 5 minutes.
- When your five minutes are up, take a bow, enjoy the applause, and hand the mic back to the MC.
That’s all… nice and simple! Fill out the form below to sign up for fame, fortune, and hilarity. (And did we mention all IGNITE speakers earn a special conference keepsake for their efforts?)
- See how “IGNITE” events got their start and watch some videos. Note that this is not an official IGNITE event, it’s just in the same style and spirit, with an InDesign twist.
- How to Give a Great IGNITE Talk from someone who’s done a few