Building long documents in InDesign can be a challenging process… dare we say a chore in some instances! That is, if you don’t use the tools in InDesign that are designed for these types of projects.
If you’d like the ability to break long documents apart so multiple users can work on the same project at the same time—and you want to keep the formatting consistent between all of those documents—you’ll want to attend this session. Learn best practices that will ease the process of building long documents, as well as some tips that can save your bacon when trouble arises. In this session you’ll see a real-life example of how to go about building a long document from start to finish.
- How to use the Book panel to make edits more quickly and consistently
- Tricks for avoiding common problems
- Building a Table of Contents for the book
- Tips for importing Word content into InDesign
- Using Text Variables to increase efficiency and decrease errors