ARCHIVE: This session was presented at CreativePro Week 2019 in Seattle.
Make a Mobile App with InDesign and HTML
Wednesday, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Creating a mobile app can be expensive, usually requiring complex programming or a subscription to an app-building service.
Or, you can attend this session to learn how to build a complete content-rich mobile app yourself for less than $200! We will use InDesign, in5, and Adobe PhoneGap Build. This method works well for projects such as travel guides, “how-to” apps, or interactive annual reports. You will learn how to:
- Identify if your project is a good fit for this type of workflow
- Set up InDesign files with interactivity for mobile content creation
- Export HTML output from InDesign using the in5 plug-in
- Use Adobe PhoneGap Build (included with Creative Cloud) to build apps for iOS and Android that include your InDesign-built HTML content
- Enroll as an Apple and Android developer and submit your app to App Stores