Resolution is one of those things that you think you understand, until you have to explain it. So what exactly is it? How is it related to image size? When is an image big enough—and when is it too big? How do you know? Theresa takes you on a deep dive to deliver answers to all this and more along with workflow tips for Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- How do you measure image size?
- Does 72ppi always mean disaster for print?
- Where did the universally accepted 300ppi for print come from?
- Is resolution ever irrelevant?
- How do you determine the correct resolution?
- What are PPI, DPI, and LPI… and how are they related?