So, you know your way around the various Adobe apps and have years of experience as a veteran designer. Now what? Maybe you’ve thought about transitioning to a Director role at some point, but the specifics of what’s involved and how to get there can feel ambiguous—at best. What does an Art Director or Creative Director really do, exactly? And what skills do you need to make that transition or thrive in these roles? Being a Director is about more than just software prowess and involves an essential mix of soft skills to effectively succeed. Vince Wanga, award-winning creative executive and former VP & Head of Creative for an Inc. 5000 Technology startup, shares his time-tested insights and personal anecdotes to candidly illuminate what it takes to not only make the transition to Director—but to excel at it.
You’ll learn how to:
- Tips to level up to the roles of Art Director/Creative Director
- Specific skills that are needed to thrive in those roles
- How to effectively build & manage a creative team
- How to effectively mentor new talent
- Techniques to nurture your team’s creativity & culture