Creative Developers Summit
May 26, 2017
The Creative Developers Summit is the premier annual event for anyone who creates or implements custom software solutions for creative professionals. The Summit is the place to meet, share, and learn about our industry's tools, resources and direction.
You Can’t Afford to Miss This Summit
The Creative Developers Summit offers something for all levels of experience and all specialities—it doesn't matter whether you're a beginning scripter, a C++ developer, or a seasoned IT manager. At the Creative Developers Summit you'll learn about current and future technologies, and solutions for problems you encounter every day. Why spend hours scouring search engines for solutions when you can attend The Creative Developers Summit and come away with time-saving know-how and a brand-new support network of knowledgable peers!
Read Kris Coppieters' article on "Why you need to attend the Summit"
While The Creative Developers Summit is partially sponsored and attended by Adobe, it is an independent event, run by and for developers and IT professionals.
We're pleased to announce our 2017 Creative Developers Summit schedule!
- 7–8 pm: Drinks happy hour, hosted by Adobe.
- 8–9:30 pm: Creative Wow! Come see and/or share software demos from around the world. Do you have a software challenge that you've been working on in your spare time? Or some feature, tool, or service that you've developed that is just so cool you have to share it? Come show it at the CreativeWow! reception, Tuesday night. The rules are simple: You have 5 minutes to fire up and demo your stuff in front of an audience of your peers.
- 9:00 am: Welcome and introductions (Chuck Weger)
- 9:15 am: Introduction (Jonathan Ferman, Adobe)
Focus on extensibility, the team, and other key themes for Adobe. Also a TPP update.
- 9:30 am: Improving the Developer Experience (Ash Ryan Arnwine)
How Adobe is improving the developer experience, including previews of the forthcoming resource site. Learn how you can provide feedback on our technology and documentation. Covers CEP, ExtendScript, Adobe I/O, and more.
- 10:30 am: Break
- 10:45 am: PDF Futures
An open mic session to discuss the Camelot2 (PDF.next) rumors and where we'd like to see PDF go in 21st century publishing workflows.
- 11:30 am: InDesign/Illustrator roadmap and discussion (Adobe)
Product team members will outline roadmap, SDKs, and other important dev concerns
- 12:15 pm: Lunch
- 1:00 pm: Extension build automation (Kris Coppieters, et al.)
Making your build process more efficient for CEP extensions. Plus some tips & tricks!
- 1:30 pm: Extensibility Roadmap (Jonathan Ferman)
A look at Adobe's plans for extensibility, including Adobe presentation and solicitation of feedback.
- 2:15 pm: Break
- 2:30 pm: Ask Adobe Q&A (Adobe team)
- 3:30 pm: CEP tips & tricks (Ole Kvern, Kris Coppieters)
Useful techniques regarding manifests, node.js, event listeners, debugging, and more
Some of the extraordinary events that will take place during The Developers Summit are:
- Adobe Roundtable: What do you want to say to Adobe? What does Adobe want to say to you? Here's a rare opportunity to sit down with Adobe engineers, management, and developer support, ask questions, and find a path to partnerships.
- Where is Adobe Headed Now? You can't code if you don't know what Adobe is planning on doing tomorrow. Learn about the Chromium Embedded Framework, the future of ExtendScript, and more.
The Creative Developers Summit is co-located with PePcon: The Print + ePublishing Conference, during CreativePro Week. To register for The Creative Developers Summit, sign up for the "Friday Tutorials Only" registration type (or any registration type that includes Friday "tutorials").
Important: Because of the sensitive nature of the information being shared at The Creative Developers Summit, all attendees will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA).
Program note: This page features a preliminary list of conference sessions and speakers. Speakers and session descriptions are currently being confirmed and are subject to change. Sign up for our email list and you will be notified as information becomes finalized.