ARCHIVE: This session was presented at CreativePro Week 2019 in Seattle.
Designing Forms in InDesign and Acrobat
Tuesday, 2:15 pm – 3:00 pm
Fillable PDF forms let your readers enter information on desktop and mobile devices, regardless of whether they have an internet connection. In addition, you can capture information from those PDF forms and utilize that information without having to set up a server or other complicated technology. In this session, you’ll learn how to leverage the capabilities of Adobe InDesign (including a new PDF forms feature) to build PDF forms and then how to refine those forms in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. When planning a forms project, it’s helpful to know which program gives you the features that you need to perform the job at hand and how editing can be achieved most easily. You’ll also learn some tips to make the process easier, not found in the native applications!
In this session you’ll learn:
- Best practices for adding form fields in InDesign
- Tricks for adding form fields in Adobe InDesign
- Tasks you’ll need to perform in Adobe Acrobat
- Tips & tricks to help you build flexible and robust forms
- Dealing with changes to forms