eBooks Beyond the Basics
Friday, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
You already know how to export an EPUB from InDesign. So what comes next? This workshop will be a deep dive into some of the more complex issues in reflowable and fixed-layout EPUB – a full set of 2017 best practices for creating accessible EPUBs with rich navigation and a next-level reading experience.
Partly in InDesign and partly in the code, this will be a hands-on look at next-level EPUBs including topics like semantic markup, accessibility, images, CSS, media queries, navigation, and troubleshooting.
Come prepared to get your hands dirty in messy code – and to figure out how to tame it!
- EPUB3: where are we now? Is there any reason to export as EPUB2?
- What is semantic markup? Tips for exporting the best HTML from ID, and improving it post-export
- Scripts, code editors and other tools
- Building one file to rule them all
- Tools for troubleshooting
- Future-proofing markup into your development process