HTML/CSS for Designers
Wednesday, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
You’re not a coder. You’re a designer. But you still need to understand how the language of the web works to make beautiful, interactive, animated content for a web browser, ebook, or tablet. We’ll walk you through the the basics of HTML and CSS, and how these two technologies go hand-in-hand to style and compose your content.
And the best part is, you already know the basics! Think of HTML as “content and structure” (think pages, graphic/text boxes, text), and CSS as “style and layout” (think paragraph, character, and object styles). You’ll walk away with a solid understanding, and the confidence, in how your design skills can be translated from print to digital.
We’ll also take a look at how your favorite graphic applications can create, style, and animate various types of web media… that is ready to use in your final publication.
- What is HTML and CSS, exactly?
- Basic HTML tags and how to write them
- Choosing a text editor for HTML and CSS
- Where can I put my CSS rules?
- Exporting HTML content from InDesign
- Working with web fonts
- Web media formats
- Extracting web assets from Photoshop and Illustrator
- Interactivity and animation with CSS
- Get free samples files