Ignite CreativePro 2021
Wednesday, May 1910:45 am - 11:45 am Phoenix, AZ (UTC-7)
We’re bringing back CreativePro Week Ignite!
Come one, come all and join us for some lunch-time tips, tricks, and fun…IGNITE Style! All CPWeek attendees are invited and encouraged to sign up to present 20 slides in 5 minutes. It’s your opportunity to have 5 minutes in the spotlight, in the relaxed and friendly confines of a virtual get-together with hundreds of your colleagues cheering you on from across the globe.
When: Wednesday, May 19th, 10:45 – 11:45 a.m., Pacific time
Where: Online, in our Connect site, via Zoom.
Who’s Invited: All conference attendees, speakers, sponsors, paparazzi, etc.
IGNITE on Zoom, you say? How does that work, you ask?
First, we need you. If you have:
- An unusual design or production-related technique that you use?
- A “from the design trenches” anecdote to share — funny or serious?
- Some hard-won lessons you’ve learned? Or wish your clients would learn…
- Tips for getting the most out of a conference?
- An incredibly complex table you created, or special effect, or the world’s best workspace?
- Advice for designers or computer users, or?
- Something else InDesign- or Photoshop-related that you’re passionate about?
Then sign up!
Only 10 spots are available, and it’s first-come-first-serve, so don’t wait till the last minute. If you’re not sure of a topic yet, but definitely want to do this thing, then fill out the form with a placeholder idea NOW to save your spot!
Sign-up for your slot below, but first read the rules:
- This event is mainly for ATTENDEES: No prior speaking experience required. The “newbier” the better. The audience is very supportive, not to worry.
- Create and provide us with your 20-slide PDF or PowerPoint file.
- Content: Your topic must be about something related to the field of design or production — tools, projects, tips, rants. It’s okay to be funny, but keep it clean and appropriate. NO PROMOTION PERMITTED! We repeat, sales presentations or portfolio reviews will not make the final cut.
- When it’s your turn to present, be prepared to jump right in and talk about your topic for 5 minutes. You will be narrating live, while we project your slides to the Zoom audience. (Practice, practice, practice! It’s how you get to Carnegie Hall, and it’s how you give an awesome Ignite too!).
- The slides will auto-advance every 15 seconds! That’s the Ignite rule. And what makes it fun for the audience, too! 20 slides x 15 seconds = 5 minutes.
- When your slides are over, so’s your Ignite. Enjoy the applause while we mute your mic and hand the Zoom stage over to our next Ignite presenter.
That’s all… nice and simple! Fill out the form below to sign up for fame, fortune, and hilarity. (And did we mention all IGNITE speakers earn a special conference keepsake for their efforts?)
- See how “IGNITE” events got their start and watch some videos. Note that this is not an official IGNITE event, it’s just in the same style and spirit, with an InDesign twist.
- How to Give a Great IGNITE Talk from someone who’s done a few