Each new release of Photoshop (and other Adobe apps) includes more features that rely on machine learning (ML), a.k.a artificial intelligence (AI). That could be cleanly enlarging images for print using Super Resolution, quickly making selections and masks based on the contents of an image (like a person or a sky), or smartly recomposing a video in social-media-friendly portrait orientation without cropping out the main action. This session breaks down what AI/ML is, how it works, and how you can use it to improve workflows and get better results.
- What is AI/ML and how does it work?
- Cloud versus on-device processing
- ML object and scene recognition to find assets
- How to spend less time making selections and masks (like Sky and Subject detection)
- Photoshop and Lightroom Super Resolution
- Neural Filters (Skin Smoothing, Colorization, and more)
- Using AI to recompose videos for social media dimensions
- Noise reduction in many third-party tools such as Topaz, Luminar, ON1 Photo, and more
- Where ML is sneaking into InDesign and Illustrator